- Succession planning
- Maintain balanced budget
- Maintain adequate reserves
- Address pension obligations
- Continue to support through competitive pay
- Negotiate longer term contracts for fiscal stability
- Support full staffing
- Against Sanctuary Cities
Economic Development/ Job Creation
- Continue current economic development initiatives
- Business visits
- Continue to evaluate and streamline processes and ordinances
- Continue get to Yes program
- Continue pushing for money for traffic signal synchronization and adaptive signal timing
- Continue to increase road maintenance funds when available
- Secure funding for CCAE deferred maintenance.
- Continue NTP Program
- Continue efforts to eradicate graffiti
- Invest in parks/ skate spots
- Create more innovative and coordinated communication strategies
- CCAE, Visit Escondido, City, etc.
- Social Media
- Water bill stuffers
- Secure funding for deferred park maintenance
Parks and Recreation
- I supported the new Caballo Park and will continue to support developing the park as new funding becomes available. In fact, I was heavily involved with the construction of the climbing wall through the Escondido Sunrise Rotary Club.
- I’d like to see more pocket skate/bike parks for our youth. These would be smaller spaces open to all but with no need to support with staff or supervision. Under my leadership, we’ve committed to build a skate spot at Washington Park.
- I will continue to look for additional opportunities to keep our youth engaged.
- I support maintenance upgrades to our existing parks as resources become more available.
- I support our Public Library and the vision of building a new Library in an expanded Grape Day Park. I look forward to the next phases of planning and community engagement to bring this to fruition.
- I also support using the savings from outsourcing our Library staff to further develop the vision and expansion of our Library.